I had the opportunity to make a cake for my church's 100 Year Anniversary! What an honor! I've been going to this church since I was probably in kindergarten. Also went to the school that is attached. Also got married in the church! It is so beautiful inside. Take a look. This picture is from our wedding in 2012. This is the inspiration for the cake here. I studied this photo for quite a while... For the cake, I decided to go big and try something I hadn't before. I wanted to make a cake with a little extra on top of it. I made my own sculpted crisp rice cereal treats! I made sure to do a practice round first, just to make sure it was doable. Can you tell what I was going to make?!! Yep, the steeple can be seen from various points in Delano. Here is a rough draft of the design of the cake, probably my third one or so. I really wanted to incorporate the gold color of the cross on top, and the green of the "onion" as my mom calls ...
Your cakes are sooo cute and pretty. Are you making your sister's wedding cake? You did an awesome job!!!! It looks really professional. I can't wait until we make a cake.
ReplyDelete