Our church had a Cana Dinner event and they had a Renaissance theme. I thought a castle would be neat to make. The first thing I worked on was the tops of the towers. I tinted some white fondant with purple food coloring and rolled it out. Then cut out a shape to place over some cones. There were 12 of them!!! Of course it would be cool to have flags on the tops of them. I made different sizes that corresponded to the different sizes of the cones. I attached them white white fondant. I baked 6" and 10" cakes, and dirty iced them. Then I had my strong handsome husband :) roll out the white fondant for them. Might as well put him to good use. We used powdered sugar in place of the flour. Then I wanted to put some detail on the towers. I outlined the windows in purple icing and sprinkled on some silver sprinkles. I had gotten molds for a stone look, and wanted to use that on the sidewalk thing in front of the door. I pressed the ...
I had the opportunity to make a cake for my church's 100 Year Anniversary! What an honor! I've been going to this church since I was probably in kindergarten. Also went to the school that is attached. Also got married in the church! It is so beautiful inside. Take a look. This picture is from our wedding in 2012. This is the inspiration for the cake here. I studied this photo for quite a while... For the cake, I decided to go big and try something I hadn't before. I wanted to make a cake with a little extra on top of it. I made my own sculpted crisp rice cereal treats! I made sure to do a practice round first, just to make sure it was doable. Can you tell what I was going to make?!! Yep, the steeple can be seen from various points in Delano. Here is a rough draft of the design of the cake, probably my third one or so. I really wanted to incorporate the gold color of the cross on top, and the green of the "onion" as my mom calls ...
I had been planning this for a while. It is a practice for my sister's wedding cake. It's got 4 tiers- two are white cake, one is marble, and the last is chocolate. That's right.... there are 37 eggs in this baby. But I also used some of that batter to make a few cupcakes: I also made mini roses for the mini cupcakes. Dirty iced cakes Top of cake, homemade frosting roses, with a cross that will be on top of my sister's wedding cake. My huge cake I added leaves The finished product. I used a satin ribbon on the bottom for an added simple decoration.
Comments
Post a Comment